Church Opens for the Celebration of Mass May 31st
Pentecost Sunday Mass
Sunday @ 10:00 AM
Wednesday, June 3 @ 6:00 PM
New/Revised COVID-19 Protocol for Mass
The following will give you an idea of what to expect when you come to church on May 31st. If you are unable to attend on any Sunday and still desire to attend Mass & receive the Eucharist, you are encouraged to attend Mass at a time and place that is most convenient for you. The Archbishop has emphasized that, until further notice, there is no obligation to attend Mass. For our celebration, my goal is to provide a prayerful setting & secure, as best I can, the good health of each of our parishioners as well as my own.
- When you enter the church (for any reason), please wear a mask.
- For safety, please, at all times, observe the six feet distancing rule. If you have a pre-existing health issue or feel ill, please do not come to church.
- I will explain the procedure for receiving Eucharist at the in-person Masses. Unfortunately, you will not be able to share the cup nor receive the Eucharist directly on your tongue.
- Singing behind a mask will be a challenge for all, but no one can block your heart.
- There is NO AGE LIMITATION regarding attending Mass at deSales.
There will, however, be mistakes in the future, and so your vigilance is welcomed so that the good of all will be fostered. While there are many ways to go about our seeking to pray together, I will do my best to listen to & heed the views that are practical & respect the spirituality of each person who is attending Mass. – Fr. Gene, Pastor